2022 reading list
omfg I give up. I have tried to keep myself to a reading list and it has absolutely not gone excellent, and I am officially throwing in the towel.
- Fire & Blood – George R.R. Martin
- Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell – Susanna Clarke
- Nona the Ninth – Tamsyn Muir
- Oddball – Sarah Andersen
- The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane – Kate DiCamillo
- The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes – Suzanne Collins
- The Magician’s Elephant – Kate DiCamillo
- Plain Bad Heroines – Emily M. Danforth
- Black Sun – Rebecca Roanhorse
- Story Number 1 – Eugène Ionesco
- SPY X FAMILY 7 – Tatsuya Endo
- Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine – Gail Honeyman
- A Tree Grows in Brooklyn – Betty Smith
- The Stranger – Albert Camus
- Freezing Order: A True Story of Money Laundering, Murder, and Surviving Vladimir Putin’s Wrath – Bill Browder
- Daughter of the Moon Goddess – Sue Lynn Tan
- Red Notice: A True Story of High Finance, Murder, and One Man’s Fight for Justice – Bill Browder
- Pachinko – Min Jin Lee
- Kim Jiyoung, Born 1982 – Nam-Joo Cho
- Dear Child – Romy Hausmann
- The Cat Who Saved Books – Sōsuke Natsukawa
- The Diary of a Bookseller – Shaun Bythell
- Impostor Syndrome – Kathy Wang
- The Court Dancer – Kyung-Sook Shin
- Wintersong – S. Jae-Jones
- The Great Gatsby – F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Naya Nuki: Shoshoni Girl Who Ran – Kenneth Thomasma
- Shadowsong – S. Jae-Jones
- Build Your House Around My Body – Violet Kupersmith
- Senlin Ascends – Josiah Bancroft
- When Women Were Dragons – Kelly Barnhill
- Light From Uncommon Stars – Ryka Aoki
- Ariadne – Jennifer Saint
- Confessions of a Bookseller – Shaun Bythell
- The Stardust Thief – Chelsea Abdullah
- The Song of Achilles – Madeline Miller
- SPY X FAMILY 8 – Tatsuya Endo
- Outlander (Diana Gabaldon) – DNF’d 1/26/22 on page 75. It’s too long and I’m bored.
- Witches Steeped in Gold (Ciannon Smart) – DNF’d 2/9/22 on page 50. The overly elaborate writing style is driving me nuts.
- The Book of M (Peng Shepherd) – DNF’d 6/15/22 on page 113. The book is not bad, but it’s fucking depressing. Might revisit later.
- A Tip for the Hangman (Allison Epstein) – DNF’d 7/15/22 on page 110. It was entertaining for a while, but I’m bored and I don’t like anyone.
- The Girl Who Reads on the Métro (Christine Féret-Fleury) – DNF’d 7/29/22 on page 40. The protagonist is vaguely annoying and the story is not interesting.
- You (Caroline Kepnes) – DNF’d 9/2/22 on page 27. I can’t do this.